Monday, November 21, 2011

God is good!!

Actually, he's amazing. I would even say indescribably awesome but I guess that would be a contradiction. You get the idea, though. :)

And yes, I'm still alive!! Very much so, actually, although you may not have guessed from my lack of activity on here. I've done a fairly major re-shuffling of my imaginary priority list (it does exist, just not written down), and blogging was one of the first things to move down to the 'low priority' area. 

Another thing that got moved down the list was my rabbit breeding program. While I have thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and learning so much about biology and genetics (as well as the very small income generated from this hobby), I feel that my rabbits are distracting my from the things that I consider "more important" at this stage of my life. So after a lot of thought and prayer I finally decided to get out of rabbits completely. I've found a buyer for all the rabbits except 2, and have someone interested in those 2 as well. I actually feel surprisingly happy with my decision, and even now don't have any regrets at all about seeing all those years of hard work gone. At least I know their new owners, so I will be able to hear how they're going, and maybe even one day get them back again. 

It's hard to believe this year is nearly over already!! You'd think we'd used to this happening every year, but I'm sure each year goes faster than the one before. I guess now is a good time to reflect on the past year before we get thrown into yet another one! I wonder how many people can remember their New Year's Resolutions. Or how many have achieved them. I can't even remember mine (if I had any?) so I doubt that I achieved any of them.

I remember this time last year I was getting all stressed about how things were going to work out for this year; no matter how much I thought about it or tried to plan the year, I couldn't see how on earth things could possibly work out. (I'll spare you the details of specifically what I was worried about.) But now looking back I can see how this year God has bombarded me with opportunities far beyond anything I would ever have imagined or dreamed of!! Yet at the time I didn't seem to take much notice. Ironic how it's so easy to long for something so much that you don't recognize it when it's staring you in the face. I can't think of a single prayer that God hasn't answered this year - some of them in a far more wonderful way than I expected.

It's so encouraging to know all this, and to have that assurance that no matter what the future may hold, God will be right by our side giving us what He knows is best. I read a quote this morning, "God will never lead you where he cannot care for you." - W. W. Wiersbe.

What has He done for you this year?

5 comments:

  1. YAY! You finally did a post!!!=D And I'm very glad you realize that it's a contradition to use the word "indescribable.";)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matthew,
    Thanks for the post. I enjoyed reading it. It is exciting to see how God works in other people's lives and how He answers prayers.
    I agree with you about this year going so fast. I can't believe that we are nearly into December. The scary thing is that people say that the older you get the faster time goes. Personally, I don't see how it could go much faster.
    BTW, I have a test lesson with a new violin teacher on Monday night to see whether I might move on to her. I've spoken to her over the phone, and we had a good conversation, so I'm hoping it will be a 'success'. But, if you guys would pray that it would go well, I'd really appreciate it.
    Hope you are having a good week and your grandmother is doing okay.
    Tegan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tegan,

    Thanks for your comment. We'll be praying for you on Monday. What is the name of the teacher? I know of a few really good violin teachers in Canberra, so if this one doesn't work out let me know and I can give you their details.

    Hope it all goes really well!

    Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her name is Haibei Feng. Have you heard of her before? The Wongs recommended her to us, so we are reasonably hopeful that she should work out. If not, though, we would be very grateful for any details you could pass on of other violin teachers.

    Hope you are having a lovely Sunday.
    Tegan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of Haibei Feng before, but if the Wongs recommended her she must be a good teacher!! Often that's not the issue, though, and it is more a question of compatible personalities. Another thing I've found is that a lot of people that come from overseas might be very fine music teachers, but aren't familiar with the AMEB system; if you're planning on doing more exams, that might be something worth keeping in mind.

    We've had a wonderful productive day, thanks! After church we doorknocked about 250 houses in Cooma East giving away Bible calendars along with invitations to the carols night our church is running next Sunday. It's really exciting, and I'm hoping this year's carols night will be much more successful than previous years. We even have an orchestra of 26 people this time!! Just pray for good weather since everything will be outdoors... :)

    ReplyDelete