Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Renovations - Part 9

So here's my excuse for not posting lately (or at least one of the several excuses): Nan and Grandpa came down from Sydney last week to visit and help out while Joseph was in Canberra having his tonsils and adenoids removed. Poor Grandpa was kept working literally the whole time he was here, because we needed to build a retaining wall outside the extension, as well as a little walkway thing with steps leading from the extension to the carport. We got heaps done, but I feel so sorry for Grandpa coming all the way here only to work the whole time!

Here's a photo of part of the retaining wall we made: 
 

More retaining wall:

The walkway thing and steps we made - doesn't it look good? Actually, the builders made the little balcony thing that's directly outside the door, but we made everything to the right of that. :-)

Another view of the same thing, so you can see the steps. Grandpa is a genius: he made all this without even writing down a plan! It looks so professionally done, too. I can't wait until it's stained and finished!

The builders have been working, too. The gyprockers came as well and gyprocked the whole room. You can't see too well from this photo, but 2 windows have been added, and the door has been put in.

A view of the outside - it's going to look so good when the wood is stained and everything! I think it's going to fit in really well with the rest of the house (in looks, that is).


Sorry it's been so long since I've been posting regularly. Hopefully that's all changed now, as exams are over, I'm on holiday from MuST, I have no music lessons for 4 weeks, and most of our construction projects have been done. It's a good thing too, as I've got heaps of photos of little bunnies just waiting to be posted and enjoyed! Oh, and I'm going to a rabbit show with Caitlyn on Sunday, and we're hopefully showing our most awesome rabbit - so I'll let you know how that goes!

Until then, enjoy your week, and I hope you're looking forward to the holidays as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment