Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My exam is OVER!

Yes, it's almost too good to be true! Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed preparing for it and I'm 100% glad I did it, but it's so good to have it behind me and know that I don't have to do anything now except wait for my results.

For those of you who are wondering what I'm going on about, I had an AMEB Theory of Music exam this morning. It started at 9:30 am, so we had to get up at 5:45 am to get ready and leave on time. We arrived at the Institute of Technology at 8:30, so I had plenty of time to sit around and get nervous. Finding a couple of people I knew quickly made me feel more at ease, though. A very musical homeschooling family we know from Yass had a daughter doing a theory exam, too, so I spent some time chatting with them.

As for the exam, it was significantly different to the practice tests I had done - but not really any harder. I was caught off guard for a couple of questions, but I think I got enough right to at least pass... Thanks to those who helped me out - you know who you are.

Anyway, the main thing is it's over now. No more exam pressure for 10 whole months!! Maybe now I can actually get some practice done. Which reminds me - on Saturday we're attending a concert which is being put on by David Pereira (apparently one of Australia's best cellists), and 2 local musicans (1 is my old music teacher and the other is my accompanist whenever I have to perform somewhere :-P) and I have been asked to be a page turner!! It's only for one piece for the pianist, but I'm 100% excited to be involved in a concert by David Pereira!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!

    You sound like Caleb - he was practically singing the whole evening, he was so happy to be finished. =)

    ReplyDelete