Friday, November 19, 2010

Rabbit photos

So I finally got around to posting those photos I mentioned a while ago. Unfortunately not many turned out well, so I only have 3 to show you. Anyway, 3 is better than nothing, and nothing is what I've done on here over the past 2 weeks.

The first 2 photos are from Coffee's litter. Last time I posted photos of rabbits they were from Toffee's litter. As you might imagine, Toffee & Coffee are twin sisters, so you'll find these kittens look very similar to Toffee's kittens. Of the Coffee's 4 kittens, only 2 behaved for the camera, so as well as the ones you see there is also a nice Blue kitten as well as an amazing Lynx. As rabbits tend to do, the nicest ones wouldn't behave for the camera. Anyway, these 2 don't have names yet, so if you can come up with anything that you think suits them, let me know! ;)



This one is from Toffee's litter. If I remember correctly, her name was Patricia (?) - I get so confused when I'm not always the one naming them... As you can see, the coat has grown very long, almost like an angora at the same age. All of Toffee's and Coffee's kittens have the exact same coat, because both parents had a long coat. At this age there is more hair than rabbit and you wouldn't believe how small the rabbit actually is under all that fluff. Fortunately for her, she lost most of this hair in her first moult, otherwise she would be a tad uncomfortable in this heat!

Anyway, that's all I've got for today. Happy weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Ooh, they're SO cute!!!! Especially the black one in the second photo. We think you should call it Pepsi. :D

    ~ Esther (and the rest of the Wongs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How deranged is that second one! it looks like a feather duster, or something. However, it is very cute =P We're still lovin' Muffin! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Esther: I think Pepsi is a good name! I shall ask Caitlyn what she thinks, since she kind of co-owns all our rabbits with me.

    @ Rachael: Lol, actually I think 'the second one' that looks like a feather duster is actually 2 rabbits! Behind the black one's head is a blue one hiding...

    I'm glad he's behaving for you! I got Lily's letter the other day - tell her I said thanks!

    Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. third one... you knew what I meant =P

    Well... about Muffin... we're experiencing the wild side of him - he is rather naughty! He has taken to hiding in corner where nobody can reach him and he doesn't come out unless it's all clear. He hops about until he sees another person, then he's off into his little hole again =))

    Will do!
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell him I said if he doesn't behave I will come over there and teach him a lesson!! Lol.

    I usually recommend against giving a pet rabbit too much freedom. The more freedom a rabbit has the more wild it will become. At least start with limited freedom until he learns to behave. Then gradually increase it, but the moment he starts misbehaving, cut it right back again. You'd be best leaving him in his cage (except when holding and playing with him) for the first couple of weeks so he knows where 'home' is. And when you let him back into house, don't tolerate any hiding. It would be a good idea to only let him roam certain rooms, and have all those rooms rabbit-proofed so there are no corners for him to hide in.

    If you have any more problems with him let me know. Hope this helps a bit and sorry this comment is so long!

    Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, that's cool - we did freak out at first because it was outside and we thought maybe if we didn't catch him by nightfall a fox or something would have easy access to him. But it was all cool... we have punished him by not letting him have so much freedom! hahaha! He does seem to push the limits but we're fast learning his tricks and manners =P

    Thanks for the helpful advice. We'll let him adjust to his surroundings for longer before he becomes too independent =P

    ReplyDelete