Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Spring has come...

 ...and brought with it the new life and fresh energy that makes it my favourite season. Here are a couple of photos I took today. 

These first 4 are photos of an ornamental cherry tree we have that has just begun to blossom. As usual, my photography is, at best, poor, but these photos were the best that I could do in a strong wind with a camera that had no manual focus (not that I would have been capable of using a camera that had). Ever tried photographing closeups of blossoms in the wind? Take my word for it when I tell you it's not easy...

Melinda, who is nearly 4 weeks old, with her littermate Buster in the background. 
 

Tristan, also known as Eloise. (Sorry, Bethany, I've forgotten what you named the other two.)

Buster.

Tristan aka Eloise again. This is my favourite of the litter. I know it doesn't seem right, but I just can't help having favourites!

 Tristan again. He's THAT special.  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Matthew,
    I really like your blossom pictures, especially the second one. Oh, and by the way the other names for Buster and Melinda were Patricia and Wesley..

    Thanks for having us on the weekend. We really enjoyed ourselves. Remember to let us know, if Eloise fall our of your favour. See you in 10 days.

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bethany,

    I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. I'm not too sure that Eloise will 'fall out of my favour', but Patricia and Wesley will most probably be given to new homes when they are old enough.

    Thanks for making the trek to Cooma to see us! We enjoyed catching up with you all, and can't wait to see you again next week.

    Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Matthew,
    I just realised that I never responded to your comment on my blog asking about Guild. I think Guild is more like AMEB's Piano For Leisure. It has fewer scales and no extra pieces like AMEBs regular exams.

    Well, if Eloise doesn't fall out of your favour I think my next favourite is Wesley.

    Have a good day.

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bethany, just wondering if you're still interested in having one of the baby rabbits - they're old enough to go to their new homes now. If you could let me know at matthew.ventura@hotmail.com, that'd be fantastic, thanks!

    Matthew.

    ReplyDelete