Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Of brothers and bunnies

Here are a few photos I took the other day of Joseph and Caleb playing with our newest rabbit. He is the only rabbit we kept from the last 2 litters, but I'm very pleased with how he's turning out. He's part of my Silky Lop development project and judging from him the overall progress has been excellent. I'm really excited about the progress and I hope to do a blog post about the whole project when I have more time and photos.

For now, photos alone will have to suffice:





The 'marbled' effect of the colours on his coat comes as a result of his coat growing back in patches after being shorn (I shaved his coat off a couple of weeks ago to keep him more comfortable in the summer weather and to make his long, soft coat more manageable and matt-free.) I think the marbling effect looks quite nice, but it is inclined to look a little untidy at times.




No comments:

Post a Comment