Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I'm looking forward to...

A good many things, actually. But in particular there are several things that are coming up very soon that are cause for great anticipation.

Homeschoolers' Picnic! Yay! But since I'm slack this didn't get posted until after the event. It was awesome, even if we DID do soccer pretty much all day - except for 3 games of poison ball. Don't get me wrong: I LOVE soccer and would prefer it over any sport any day. It just would have been nice to have a bit more time to actually do some catching up with everyone. It wasn't until afterwards that I realized how little I'd actually spoken to my friends there. It was great to see everyone there, though, and hopefully we'll be seeing some of you again soon.

ORCHESTRA!!!! Starting on Thursday, I will be having my very first proper orchestral experience this week. To say I'm excited would be a severe understatement. I'm pretty sure it will be 4 days packed with the most intense musical epicness I've ever experienced. At least I hope so. It will be fantastic to get together with some other musicians again, since I haven't really done that since MuST finished last year. I'm sure to learn a lot there, and I can't wait to meet some more of the musicians around the area.

DRIVING!!! Only 3 days after I finish my musical adventure with the Canberra Concerto Orchestra I will sit for my Driver's Knowledge Test to qualify for my Learner's License. The amount of excitement involved in being able to drive soon cannot be expressed in words. If you try to imagine all the energy contained in an atomic bomb and multiply that by one billion to the power of one trillion then you'll have an idea of how excited I am. Pretty soon I'll have to start counting down the days until I get my P's and can actually drive myself around.

Canberra Rabbit Show. Even though I'm very excited about this too, it's not quite on the same level as the other things I've mentioned so far. This will be only the second time I get to exhibit my rabbits competitively, and I'm very much looking forward to it now that I know what to expect. The one rabbit I showed last time did very well on the show table and now that he's matured more I'm sure he won't disappoint. It's so rewarding to see all the hard work you put into breeding, raising, careful selection, and maintenance pay off in an animal that is valued by even some of the most respected exhibitors in the country. I'm especially looking forward to being able to learn more about the hobby and catch up with some people there.

As well as all that I can't wait to see lots of friends in the near future, and of course I'm looking forward to Term 2 and all the usual exciting things that happen in the school term.

What things are you looking forward to?

4 comments:

  1. PHOTOS! I beg PHOTOS! :D It was EPIC seeing you Venturas again. I'm not sure how well we will cope waiting to see ya'll again :|

    Driving! You're gonna have so so much fuuunnn. Good luck with your test ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean photos of the picnic or of the things I'm looking forward to? If you mean the former (as I think you do), I'm afraid Emma accidentally deleted all the photos she took at the picnic from her camera without copying them to her computer first. :\

    DRIVING!!! 6 days to go!! And thanks. :) I'm glad you didn't make some cliche comment about the roads being a more dangerous place. :D You just earned yourself a couple of brownie points. XD

    Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHE DELETED THE PICNIC PHOTOS?! DOES SHE WANT TO DIE?! Tell her I'm pretty darn willing to end her life right about now o.O

    Brownie points!? :D :D :D :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your driving test goes well!! How comprehensive is the test? In ACT, you just have to answer about 30 multiple choice questions, and depending on how many and which ones you get wrong, you could fail. Is it kind of like that? I don't think I told you but I took the plunge and renewed my Learners again, so we'll see who can get their P's first. (There'll be no competition I'm sure - you'll win hands down.) :) I don't have much enthusiasm for the amusement! :)

    It was nice to see you guys at the picnic. Look forward to seeing you again soon (June I think?), and I hope your orchestra thing goes well.

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete