Friday, July 30, 2010

This week I have...

1) Had my first day at school (even if it was only for 1½ hours). That's right, a real school. I went to vaccinate the school's rabbit for one of the teachers who I know and she asked me to stay and sit in on her Year 10 Drama class.

2) Become the only double-reed player in Poa ensemble - and already I've been dragged into playing in a concert on Wednesday! Later on I found out that most bassoonists start out exactly the same way, due to the high demand for bassoons in ensembles.

3) Started a new subject/course called Successful Living. It is a 1-year study based on the first 9 chapters of the book of Proverbs. It looks great so far, and I'm very much looking forward to doing more work on it.

4) Saw a policeman directing traffic - definitely one of the highlights of my week.

5) Saw the number plate 'MY CAR' which happens to be one I've been looking for for years - one of the highlights of my month.

6) Have officially started teaching my first student - a family friend who is learning the flute. I've given him 6 lessons on a trial basis to see whether he is interested in continuing, which he is, so I'll be teaching him until at least the end of this term.

7) Finally gotten around to doing a blog post. Although I guess that's kind of self apparent...

And such concludes all the major happenings of my week that I can remember at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment