Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cookies!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
2 cups S.R. flour
1 egg
1 cup chocolate chips

Method: Preheat oven to 160°C. Beat butter and sugar together. Mix in flour, then egg, then chocolate chips. Place dessertspoonfuls of mixture on greased baking trays, and bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Makes about 36 cookies.


Don't ask me why I posted a recipe on here. I guess I just felt the need to share what I consider to be the best cookie recipe in existence. It's super quick and easy to make (I don't even use the recipe - I just make it from memory), it tastes great, and keeps really well. It also uses only very basic ingredients (so you can make it anytime without shopping for special ingredients), and makes quite a large quantity of cookies... which is a really good thing, because they don't last long! I forgot to mention... when I say it makes 36 cookies, that's as soon as it comes out of the oven. Soon after that, they start disappearing, and the numbers will considerably decrease unless you guard them with vigilance...


3 comments:

  1. Lol, sounds like what happens every time I make some Cookie.

    I have two recipes that everyone love, there are the Cheese cookies, that Dad LOVES. And the Peppermint chocolate Cookies. That every one else Loves.

    When it comes to making cookies, I rather like making up the recipes as I go, I'm known as the Junk Queen cos, that’s all I make when I cook, Junk Food. I just find new ways to make it taste even better :P

    K.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look very nice =) Have you ever tried a (or the) recipe with condensed milk in it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do have a recipe that has about 2 (or 4... I can't remember) tablespoons of condensed milk. It used to be one of our favourites, but we rarely make it anymore.

    What's "the" recipe like? Should I know about it? If it's really good I'd love to have a copy of it!!

    Matthew.

    ReplyDelete