Friday, May 14, 2010

I want a pet possum!

Yesterday morning Caitlyn and I were walking back to the house after feeding the rabbits, and we noticed Amelia, particularly agitated, barking up a tree. Further investigation showed that there was a possum in the tree, in broad daylight, in one of the lowest branches of the gum tree next to the carport. The weird thing is that it was just sitting/hanging there without making any effort whatsoever to move to a safer/more protected place. It was so low I could have reached out and touched it without moving my hand higher than my head. In spite of all the noise of excited children and a barking dog, it just sat there and stared at us. Although I know it was probably because it was sick or hurt, I like to imagine it was actually really tame and quite enjoyed our presence.

Anyway, here's a picture I took of him. We named him Harold, by the way. I took lots more photos, but since Harold wouldn't move, they all turned out pretty much the same.
Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. How cute!! Harold is a good name for a possum, I think :P

    ReplyDelete