Thursday, May 6, 2010

Renovations - Part 5

So much for my predictions about the construction progress... I was totally wrong. The builders have done heaps this week!! The floor has been laid, and it looks so much better!! Now everything looks tidy and orderly, rather than just holes in the ground or blocks of concrete. We are all really excited - it is so encouraging to see everything coming together.

Here is a photo taken from the east side of the house. This angle shows it the best, I think. The only trouble is that it's hard to include the full length of the construction.

From the backyard (on the north side):

You're probably wondering what's with all the upside down black flowerpots... you see, we've been playing handball on the new floor, and some of us were getting really "into it", even to the point of diving/sliding on the floor to get to the ball. Since there were metal posts sticking up around the edges, this was, as you can imagine, quite a dangerous activity. The solution was to place the flower pots over the posts, which, although somewhat unsightly, was effective

Finally, here is a closer view taken from the back door. As you can see, it didn't take us long to mess up the place! I kind of hope that the builders won't do anything for a couple of days, because we're having a lot of fun playing handball there at the moment!!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, they sure did a lot.

    I've been thinking, IF we do move I will have to do a blog, cos we gonna have to do every thing from scratch, flattening the land, getting the caravans, finding water, I'm even going to build a generator. {I just can't live without my laptop}

    What do you think, would it make for an interesting blog??

    Chat Later.

    K.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you should start your own blog if you move. It might be a problem getting power... and I don't think a Kacey-built generator would work... but perhaps you could consider buying several hundred kilometres of extension cords?

    It would definitely be worth reading, though.

    Matthew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, you under estimate the genius of KC, I am actually quite good when it comes to computers and electronics {pulling things apart and making other devices}, which can be annoying, cos my Brothers and sister call me a nerd.

    Well, if I make a generator and it works, it would just be proof that I am smarter then you :P

    Hmmm... I'd probably blog on Windows Live.

    Later

    K.C.

    ReplyDelete